It rattles, squeakes and crackles – and my girls love it: the little Crochet Monster!
At a size of 16 cm it is not at all frightening, yet it offers a variety of impressions. The Crochet Monster is made of 100% cotton, all the way from the head to the shoes. The fire-red loop stitches on the hands and the belly give the Crochet Monster a playful touch. The unique feature of the Crochet Monster is its embroidered eye, which sticks out slightly from the body to have a better view over my girls playing. If you add additional play elements, such as a rattle, a squeaker and cellophane paper, it is the perfect toy for the little ones. With one eye and fire on its hands, hair and belly, the little Crochet Monster is ready to spread fun in your house. My girls literally feast on it!
You find the pattern for the Crochet Monster in the free download below. Included in the pattern is an easy how-to guide for the embroidered eye which does not require any embroidery-skills. For your own monster in your home!
Crochet Stitch Types
The following stitch types are being used:
- single crochet
- loop crochet stitch (a how-to guide is provided in the pattern document)
What do you need
- Super fine yarn (at a recommended hook size of 2.5-3.5 mm). I used yarn by Schachenmayr Catania (gauge: 10 cm = 26 sts) in the colours turquoise, bordeaux and black
- I worked with a hook of size 2.5 mm
- Darning needle (used to weave in the yarn ends and to sew the body parts together)
- Sewing needle, sewing threat in 3 colours (white, blue, black) and white piece of fabric (to make the embroidered eye)
- Optional: Squeaker, rattle and cellophane paper (I inserted them all: a rattle for the head, a squeaker for the stomach-area and cellophane for the arms, the legs and the stomach-area)
Download the free pattern for the crochet monster here: