Her grumpy smile caught millions of hearts around the world and her memes are known by almost anyone. It’s Grumpy Cat! With this premium crochet pattern you can now create your very own ‘most famous cat in the world’.
Tardar Sauce, the original name of Grumpy Cat, was an American cat which was loved throughout the world for her permanently and absolutely relatable ‘I wish to kill you’ smile on her face, caused by genetically conditioned feline dwarfism. She died three years ago at the age of 7, and her grumpy spirit continues to make people happy through hundreds of funny (dreadful?) memes until today. With over 2.5 million instagram followers, more than 8 million likes on Facebook and nearly a hundred million internet entries, she made sure that her grumpy face will stay in our minds forever. And with my Grumpy Cat crochet pattern you can now get the ‘worst’ of her spirit into your crochet hook too!
Crochet Grumpy Cat reaches a height of 12 cm and a width of 10 cm (made with super fine yarn). She is, therefore, perfectly suitable as a motivational eye catcher for your (home) office without taking much space. Because we all need some room for being grumpy in our lives!
You can get the pattern for Crochet Grumpy Cat in my online shop on Etsy (as a PDF download in German and English):
What do you need:
- Super fine or fine yarn (at a recommended hook size of 2.5-3.5 mm). I used Schachenmayr Catania (gauge: 10 x 10 cm = 26 sts, 36 rows) in the colours cream (00130), coffee brown (00162), light blue (00173), black (00110) and soft-apricot (00263)
- I worked with a hook of size 2.50 mm
- A pink crayon (to paint the border of the lower lip)
- Small scissors (to also help with the filling)
- Darning needle with a sharp tip
- A sewing thread in white
Stitch types used in the pattern:
- Basic crochet stitches